I have the product key for Windows XP, but not the CD installer

Discussion in 'Windows XP Installation and Setup' started by Mihailo Todorovic, Nov 21, 2021.

1. Mihailo Todorovic

Mihailo Todorovic

So I bought an old laptop and now I want to install windows XP on it. On the back of the laptop, it says product key, but since I don't have a cd, I don't have an installer, so I can't install it. If anyone has a solution, please write. Thanks in advance.

Mihailo Todorovic, Nov 21, 2021
  2. Mihailo Todorovic

flavallee Guest

What is the brand name and model name and exact model number of that laptop?
    What is the exact Windows XP version on its Certificate-Of-Authenticity sticker?
    Is the 25-character product key on that sticker clearly readable?

flavallee, Nov 21, 2021
  3. Mihailo Todorovic

Compa

PM me. I'm not gonna give the file out in the open.

Tell me whether it's for Home or Pro, though. You'll also want to edit SETUPP.INI in /I386 directory of the ISO so that it has 'OEM' instead of '000' as the last three digits of the PID, since otherwise the key won't work during Setup.

Compa, Nov 30, 2021
  4. Mihailo Todorovic

red Guest

whats the problem ? head yourself off to internet archive (cd rom images) will find xp sp3 iso just download and burn iso job done , also can give major geeks a go they have same under (system software ) never been so easy to get a full version with code and all updates needed , use may pal for internet and add duck duck go to it, gl

long lve xp :)

red, Dec 20, 2021
Ask a Question