i had messed up the install. What do i do now?

Discussion in 'Windows XP Installation and Setup' started by Oktawian, Oct 28, 2021.

1. Oktawian

Oktawian

Hello. I've wanted to dualboot windows xp and vista on my aunt's old pc. I got the installation cd and windows vista has been preinstalled so i put it in and started the install. It was going fine untill it got to the restart. it tried to boot the now broken windows vista and din't even try to load the xp partition. I din't find any usefull settings in the bios and none of the computers i have available support 2 discs at once. i would wipe all data on the main partition but i do not have vista cd or the knowledge of how to do it without this issue. I have been planning to decrease my time on computer by using this worse one and it has been working great. Because of that its very important for me to get it working and not die from boredom. Ill be very gratefull from any help.

Oktawian, Oct 28, 2021
  2. Oktawian

Elizabeth23

when you dual boot, the older OS has to be installed first, since you have an xp install disk you can install xp, but if you do not have a vista install disk you cannot install vista.

if you ran an install disk for xp , you have probably wiped the vista off the pc.

Elizabeth23, Oct 29, 2021
  3. Oktawian

red Guest

hi
    if not all ready done then you can get a copy of vista at internet archive just download the 1 you want it free check the side of the page to see if code is needed ,most will be there to install with, make a iso disk from the download and keep it safe then wipe the hdd re install xp 1st then vista into 2nd partition
    when done make yourself a cuppa and enjoy

long live xp :)

red, Nov 1, 2021
Ask a Question