I can't start my computer

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by FARAMBIA, Feb 14, 2022.

1. FARAMBIA

FARAMBIA

Čo mám robiť? How do I fix this? IMG_20220214_132247.jpg

FARAMBIA, Feb 14, 2022
  2. FARAMBIA

secpar

You appear to have a driver issue.

Is this a fresh install of XP?

Did you change any BIOS settings in relation to hard drive configurations? Such as switching from 'IDE' to 'SATA' or 'RAID'?

secpar, Feb 14, 2022
  3. FARAMBIA

FARAMBIA

nothing has been set I was just trying instal Windows XP Through the CD But unsuccessfully.

FARAMBIA, Feb 14, 2022
  4. FARAMBIA

FARAMBIA

Now with the Windows menu no loading just again restart and restart Around again restarting Only BIOS menu and F2 F8 F10 F12 work

FARAMBIA, Feb 14, 2022
  5. FARAMBIA

FARAMBIA

I have something .. This flashes to me just before my computer restarts It says that the BOOT .INI file is invalid. The second line writes In progress starting c: / Windows ... IMG_20220214_213338.jpg

FARAMBIA, Feb 14, 2022
  6. FARAMBIA

secpar

In BIOS is the SATA controller visible? If yes, what does it show? AHCI, RAID or IDE mode? Can it be changed?

If it's changeable, change it to IDE. If it's not changeable, and it's a laptop, it is likely showing AHCI for the SATA controller. This may be the problem. Why? XP does not have built in AHCI or RAID drivers that your motherboard may require.

I have a Compaq laptop that came with Windows 7 on it. In the BIOS, there was no way to change the SATA controller from AHCI to IDE mode. Windows XP can be loaded on it, but would throw up a blue screen when loading. The way around such a problem is something called "slipstreaming" the SATA controller (AHCI/RAID) drivers directly onto an ISO (and later burned to a CD or DVD) with a program called "nLite."

NOW... you haven't given me enough information to really figure that this is the case. But, I suspect it. I suspect you're using a laptop that might have a windows 7 or vista logo on it.

In the BIOS, can you access or adjust the SATA Controller from AHCI mode to IDE?

secpar, Feb 14, 2022
  7. FARAMBIA

Madeleine Takam

First follow Secpar’s advice then try this as it is your boot.ini that seems to be tripping up. This may help, I can’t promise.

You need to press F8 at boot then start in safe mode then replace or rewrite your boot.ini

To this below

[boot loader]
    timeout=30
    default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
    [operating systems]
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

Obviously if you are using XP Home edit accordingly, but it shouldn’t matter, as between quotation marks.

Also – remove any RAM above 4GB for the moment.

If you are Using PAE with a lot of RAM or using the 3GB extension I suggest you should just ignore for the moment and see if you can get machine to Boot.
    Ignore boot.ini below until you get machine to Boot

[boot loader]
    timeout=30
    [operating systems]
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional /3GB" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /3GB /Userva=2900

AND

[boot loader]
    timeout=30
    [operating systems]
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /kernel=ntkl64g.exe /hal=hal64g.dll /fastdetect /PAE /noexecute=alwaysoff

Hope this helps.

Madeleine Takam, Feb 14, 2022
  8. FARAMBIA

FARAMBIA

I did it my way thank you for the advice Done .

FARAMBIA, Feb 15, 2022
  9. FARAMBIA

secpar

I don't know what that means. Share? So that others may use your experience to troubleshoot their own troubles?

secpar, Feb 15, 2022
    Elizabeth23 likes this.
  10. FARAMBIA

TMTGTR

So far I have been able to make floppys with the needed drivers for the install F6 option. Older MOBOs have a Real Floppy connector which I can use or else I use my USB floppy drive (can't say enough good things about that tool!! Bacon saver indeed, and bought it new flea market $5.00! :))

TMTGTR, Feb 26, 2022
  11. FARAMBIA

William Tucker

Can you please translate this, I only speak English! :confused:

William Tucker, Mar 25, 2022
Ask a Question