HUGE Quality of Life Improvement for $13.3 USD (shipped)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Hunter2021, May 19, 2023.

1. Hunter2021

Hunter2021

Used to be I needed to reassemble the mini-ITX computer, unplug everything then plug them back in if I wanted to move it to my bed for use with my portable monitor. This $13.3 USD spent improved my quality of life in a major way:

1. $5 for 3x 1.5m USB 2.0 extension cables -- I now have a 4.5m long USB cable running from across the room to my bed for my wired keyboard and wired mouse.

2. $3.3 for the USB hub to connect the wired keyboard and wired mouse (at the bed end).

3. $5 for 5m HDMI cable -- I now have a 5m long HDMI cable running from across the room to my bed for my portable monitor (and any projector that I want to project from the near the bed to the wall across the room.)

Quality of life improvement -- 100X. Reminds me of the old days when miners would lay a long fuse line to blow up some TNT because that what it looks like to operate a portable display and input devices from 5m away!

Source: Aliexpress for cheap items shipped from China.

Last edited: May 19, 2023
    Hunter2021, May 19, 2023
Ask a Question