How to test an emergency boot CD

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by suezeekay, Jul 23, 2015.

1. suezeekay

suezeekay

I am in the process of getting Macrium free and I created an emergency boot CD with the program instructions. I wanted to test it as suggested so I went to F2 after I turned my machine on. When the boot menu came up it had hard drive as the second choice so I could only guess that since I bought the machine it has been going first to removable drive and if nothing was there defaulted to the next choice. So, I left it with the removable drive as the first choice and my machine booted up. But, if the D drive disk didn't work when I tried to test it it may have just defaulted to the hard disk. How would I know? I have Win XP.

The only other possibility is that when I created the emergency boot CD it somehow changed the boot order.

How can I test the disk and know if my machine fails I can reboot it? Do the items in the list default in order or was that an incorrect conclusion?

suezeekay, Jul 23, 2015
Ask a Question