How to get Scheduled Tasks to force close an operation in less than one minute

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by windowsxprules1, Apr 4, 2018.

1. windowsxprules1

windowsxprules1

So, on my other post which was a problem with Realtek drivers not loading at startup, I found a workaround that involves having Scheduled Tasks load a batch file to reset a device driver so that it would load. The command works flawlessly except for one thing. If the process doesn't close, the system won't reset the device, and so far the only way I've been able to get it to close is by setting the task force-close point to one minute after. If I don't login until a minute passes, then the process closes and I can login and the startup sound will play.

Here is the batch file code I am trying to use. For some reason the exit code is not killing the process.

devcon restart "PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_780D&SUBSYS_FF1E1179&REV_01" & exit

If someone could tell me how to write this so that the code closes the process before Scheduled Tasks has to, or a way to get Scheduled Tasks to kill tasks in seconds rather than minutes, it would be most appreciated.

windowsxprules1, Apr 4, 2018
  2. windowsxprules1

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Apr 4, 2018
Ask a Question