How to download photos into Custom Files

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by tma, Jun 23, 2015.

1. tma

tma

Recently when I try to include a photo in a Tweet, after I have downloaded it from the Internet, usually from Google Images or from some online article, whether I download it into Jpeg or All Files, it is not available when I am trying to access it from Twitter, whether I go to All Files or Custom Files. For some reason when I download the photo into my computer, I am not given the option of Custom Files. However I have done this downloading of photos and then uploading to Twitter many times and this was not a problem. If I try it again, my system tells me I already have that photo downloaded. Where? in "Acer." And when open it, the photo is not shown, but rather an image of sort of an un-scrolled piece of paper. Now when I Tweet something the only thing I can do is look through my old photos that I have already Tweeted to see if anything fits. Maybe the simplest way is to ask how I can easily get an online photo or one I have just added to a blog entry--the online photo usually goes both places, blog and Twitter--to a Tweet I am completing, without hitting the lower-left-corner icon on the Tweet box and finding that the photo is not there--even though I have just downloaded it?

tma, Jun 23, 2015
  2. tma

Rhino Cracker

I'm a little bit confused about your post.

(In my opinion...) The easiest way to download a photo is to use opera and drag'n'drop it to the sidebar where you've previously opened the transfers tab - it will be downloaded to your default download directory.

Maybe it's confusing for you, but the choice "jpeg" or "all files" during the saving process is not a choice for you in which format youn want to save it - it's just a choice which files are being shown in the current view of the current folder where you want to save it. In fact, if you download a jpeg file and save it as .png or even .mp3, your pc will produce total waste and trying to interpret an jpeg-formatted image as mp3 or png, which will result in chaos (as long as the designer of your png- or mp3-opening-software didn't envisage a user doing this).

I don't know which file types twitter accepts because I don't use twitter. But just renaming a .jpg file to .png or sth. like this won't do the job. If you download a JPEG (and properly save it as image.jpg, image.jpe or image.jpeg), you have to open it and re-save it in the new format to really change its format.

If you have listing problems (files not visible), you can go to your folder settings and select "display hidden files", "display system files" and uncheck "hide known file extensions" - then you will se what's really inside of your folders.
    If you don't know WHERE it has been downloaded to: just click once on it in the transfers tab and the local path will be shown.

Rhino Cracker, Jun 23, 2015
  3. tma

tma

Thank you very much, I will try it. --tma

tma, Jun 23, 2015
Ask a Question