How to disable Ccleaner run at startup.

I already unchecked the "Run Ccleacler when my computer starts up" but its still run at startup...
THEN i went to msconfig and unckecked ccleaner.Ok it didnt run at startup.Ok i opened today ccleaner to clean up some stuff then turned the pc.Then after 5 hours i came back to look on the internet for stuff and guess what? Cccleaner starts at startup AGAIN.Then i went to msconfig and i see ti added itself to the a new "Ccleaner".I gave up and i need some help disabling it.And is it possible to disable monitoring to?
-Windows XP forever :p

This works for me. I posted this link on another thread in the forum:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ne...ngs-and-forcing-update-to-latest-546-version/

About a 3rd of the way down this page read under this heading: How to disable CCleaner automatic updates. I did everything they recommend and I have no problems. I have a sneaky feeling that what is happening to you has to do with a scheduled task. Find and kill the task :eek: Afterwards, perhaps you can also use your Firewall to prevent CCleaner from connecting to the internet. This will prevent them scheduling this task again :mad:

This works for me. I posted this link on another thread in the forum:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ne...ngs-and-forcing-update-to-latest-546-version/

About a 3rd of the way down this page read under this heading: How to disable CCleaner automatic updates. I did everything they recommend and I have no problems. I have a sneaky feeling that what is happening to you has to do with a scheduled task. Find and kill the task :eek: Afterwards, perhaps you can also use your Firewall to prevent CCleaner from connecting to the internet. This will prevent them scheduling this task again :mad:
I have a felling that i should use the lastlast ccleaner non avast version.need a download

You can disable cCleaner from starting up in Tools > StartUp>Delete>cCleaner. You have to do this every time you start-up cCleaner as it automatically write it to start-up in the registry.

What is the latest about CCleaner spyware and forced updates. Has Avast stopped their crooked ways or do we still have to watch them all the time. I would like to know before I download version 5.32. for my new XP installation. Are we still safe with the older versions - those versions before Avast got hold of it?

Back