How risky would be these updates for BIOS

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by Janice, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Janice

Janice

Attached please see these updates from the manufacturer for my Asus P5LD2 Motherboard . I have both these problems of Post hanging at USB detection (if a USB or any other drive is already connected to the computer when I start it) and USB controller disabling if BIOS default is used (When this happens I usually have to go to the BIOS and reset it). I am hesitating with these because of the risk involved in trashing my Motherboard if something goes wrong. Your opinions are most welcome. Should I do these updates or not?

Attached Files:

Janice, Jan 18, 2019
  2. Janice

Elizabeth23

if you follow directions , it is not bad, below are 2 links, how to update through windows and how to update through bios

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1008276/

https://www.wikihow.com/Update-an-ASUS-BIOS

check you SYSTEM to see what the bios version is now before you update and do not get an update from any except the manufacturer, i.e. I have a dell and the bios could possible go to A10, but for my model it says just A03 is the last update to use, :)

Elizabeth23, Jan 18, 2019
    Janice likes this.
  3. Janice

Janice

After reading through the directions I lost my nerve! There is a 'Crash free BIOS utility' for P5LD2, which is in the MB support CD, which the Asus manual tells me to use to recover the BIOS in case of corruption during the update process. The problem is I don't have that CD. If ever I can find and purchase this CD I'll have more confidence to do this.

Thank you.

Janice, Jan 26, 2019
Ask a Question