How do I update Mypal

I received 'Update Available' notification from GitHub and clicked on 'Update Mypal'. Received message to visit Github and update manually (Attachment 1). The GitHub page offers only the full installer package (Attachment 2). I have Mypal already installed. Since I am getting the full installer package, what should I do to update the currently installed Mypal?

Mypal 1.JPG

Mypal 2.JPG

You don't really do anything, you just start using the newer one and you've upgraded. you can import your bookmarks and add ons if you have any and if you really want you can delete the older mypal. I don't , I keep them as Program Files/Mypal28.7 etc.. because some new things break and it helps to go back a version or two for certain pages.

You don't really do anything, you just start using the newer one and you've upgraded
Oh, Do I just download the new one and use it and stop using the old one?

I also heard that I can extract the new browser files over the old ones OR extract and copy and paste the new files into the directory where current installation exist. What do you think of these methods please? I simply don't know to do either of these o_O

Didn't see you in the forum for long time :)

I would not extract the new files over the old ones, its possible but there might be changes or drops in the files needed and it would serve no purpose to do this. You only need to upgrade programs if they are like Office with 10,000 files in 20 folders. Mypal is small and runs in its own folder so the safest thing to do is always keep the best copy in /Mypal and rename the old ones to Mypal28.5 , 28.7 etc.. When you are 100% sure you no longer need the old version you can delete the folder, I don't since newer isn't always better and I found myself having to go back to older version to view certain pages.

The add ons are in profiles/ but come to think of it you might not want to drag them over. you need to move a settings file and to keep it simple you should install them instead.. what I do is keep a copy of all the XPI files locally and the choose add ons -> install add on from file and time to time check to see if there is any need to download a new one. the other benefit is on a new install you can load the add ons locally without first connecting to the internet.

thanks for noticing I returned. I just didn't have any reason to post and the forum is kind of dead but time to time I have a question and then I try to answer some tech questions so I don't look like a user. with end of civilization near I had some extra time on my hands :)

So. I have determined I want to update MyPal. I discovered as did y'all that you can't. BUT, I found five days ago the developer released MyPal68, after dropping affiliation with PaleMoon, it is now FF Rust, or Quantum, 68-74-ish.
I can do that.
However, does anybody have any idea if I can launch the new FF based MyPal and leave the PaleMoon based MyPal functional?
Thanks

Back