How do I remove a large partition using unbuntu

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by txstoby, Jun 13, 2013.

1. txstoby

txstoby

I bought a computer that i thought was using xp. Well it is but only accessing 8 G of the hard drive and the other 50 g is used by a partition that uses unbuntu. I have two problems: first I cant utilize the space I need to edit some fishing videos and second it will not connect to the internet in any way. Neither wifi nor direct from the modem will work.
    Please help

txstoby, Jun 13, 2013
  2. txstoby

Elizabeth23

you can use a program like Partition Magic to add the partition to your c: drive, the only other way to do it in xp is to wipe the drive and reinstall the os.

internet, if you can look in device manager and see what you have listed under network adaptors, and give me a manufacturer, and the Make, Model, and Model number of your pc, then I can look up the driver for you and you can download it from a working pc and carry it over to your pc and install it.

My integrated ethernet controller went kaput many years ago and I got a plug in one from the pc manufacturer Dell, so the driver from the dell driver page does not work for my, I have to use an installation cd.

as to what is running, if you right click on my computer and choose properties, it will tell you what is installed on the pc,

there should also be a COA sticker somewhere on the pc, that will tell you what came preinstalled on the pc.

Elizabeth23, Jun 14, 2013
Ask a Question