How do I know if and what version of .NET Framework I have?

I am running Windows XP Pro 32 bit (sp3) and a program that I am trying to install says that I need x86 .NET Framework 2.0 SP2. How can I find out if and what version I have?
Thank you.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\

all the versions installed will be listed here, and they should also be listed in the add/remove programs list.

Elizabeth, it's always a pleasure hearing from you. Thank you for your help. I tried copying and pasting, but it wouldn't accept it, so I went to Installed Programs and found Microsoft .NET FRAMEWORK 4.0 Extended already installed. Why do you suppose the program I want to install asks for x86 FRAMEWORK 2.0 (sp2)?

Thank you for your continued support :)

Ivan

because .net 4 is a standalone .net, the others all cumulative and cannot be installed separately.

copy and paste???
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\

above is the key you look for in regedit, are you familiar with looking in regedit?

Sorry about that. I misunderstood. I am familiar with Regedit. If .net 2 Framework sp2 isn't there, can I install it? It isn't listed in Add/Remove Programs. Where can I download it from? Maybe I'm getting myself into more trouble for just a simple update for a program that is working fine now. Please let me know what you think. :)

Elizabeth, once more you came to the rescue! I temporarily disabled my Anti-Virus program and I followed your link and downloaded and installed .NET FRAMEWORK 2.0 SP2. It then recommended that I install a security patch, which I also did. Everything went perfectly! You are a great asset to the XP forums!

After doing that, I was able to successfully install the program that required FRAMEWORK 2.0

Thank you so much for your help :)

Ivan

Back