Honest Review: SoftEther-VPN Product Family

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by wowinyou Software, Aug 1, 2022.

1. wowinyou Software

wowinyou Software

Welcome Readers,
    In the Last Review / Post I discussed the Feeling about the MyPal Web browser. The Average Rating for it from me was high but I want to make it more Clear so I give a 0-5 Rating Scale. It can have Decimal Points.

Today I will discuss the SoftEther-VPN Product Family. As I Established some Home-Offices back when the wowinyou Software Group was made, we needed a way for Connections to our Servers.
    At first we used LogMeIn Hamach² in August 2021. After some Testing we discovered the many Problems with it. In May 2022 we were then starting to Plan for a Replacement. At the Beginning of July we went Looking and found SoftEther. We evaluated it for a Little while (4 Days) and now it is Running Fully in the Offices and Homes where work is done.
    Our Review is that it is doing a Good Job, as it is even in 2022 Compatible with the Windows XP Server family (Windows Server 2003 (R2)). The Setup was nice since you could just look around, we then determined that we should simply make a Special Document for workers on the Projects. We made the Document. Another Delightful thing about SoftEther is that it Runs very Fast even on Old Computers since the Technologies used are not that Complicated. Sadly, you need a Slightly Older Version for Windows XP with no Updates, about Later Updates I do not know.
    The Server Software side of the Product family Claims to be working on older Windows Version than XP. That would be Windows NT 4.0 with Service Pack 6a, it is True to an Extend. Again, the Specification only is true for a slightly older Version of SoftEther Products. As I said before, the newest Server Software and Server Manager works on Windows Server 2003 SP2 and newer.
    We maybe do however maybe have a Solution to get it to Work on Windows XP, you need to Installer the Windows Installer 4.0 (Windows 8 Installer Engine) for all of it to Maybe Work again.

On the 0-5 Scale it Receives: 4.3 out of 5.0

Thank you for Reading, see you next Time!

Attached Files:

wowinyou Software, Aug 1, 2022
  2. wowinyou Software

TMTGTR

Moderator, please review...

TMTGTR, Aug 2, 2022
  3. wowinyou Software

wowinyou Software

Well, i think i am not Doing anything Wrong lol. Look in the Last Post i made, it was Talking about how it; for others to Learn about my Perspective.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
    wowinyou Software, Aug 2, 2022
  4. wowinyou Software

cornemuse

If folks here have suspicions, (as I do), they will simply ignore your posts, , , ,

cornemuse, Aug 3, 2022
Ask a Question