Hollywood lacks talent

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by eatup, Jun 4, 2017.

1. eatup

eatup

I've always maintained the view that Hollywood could seriously kick arse when they collaborate with Asian artists.

The most recent example would be Tron: Legacy. Some critics panned the movie for its contents, but they all agreed that Tron2 provided viewers with a lush virtual world, which in the credits were mostly crafted by Chinese and Japanese CGI artists.

Here's another example:

How did we go from this in 1984...

[​IMG]

... to this in 2016 with virtually no change but a darker color palette?

[​IMG]

eatup, Jun 4, 2017
  2. eatup

eatup

I'll tell you guys what, this is what the iconic DC comics character, Supergirl, would have looked like if they had let Asians re-imagine this character's costume:

[​IMG]

As an avid Supergirl fan, I'd much rather see a Supergirl costume, where the S-diamond was moved to the side and enlarged (like in the above pic) than to see the same-old, same-old below:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

eatup, Jun 4, 2017
  3. eatup

eatup

Centered flag:

[​IMG]

Centered flag:

[​IMG]

NOT a centered flag:

[​IMG]

As an American popular culture icon, it would be better for Supergirl to wear a costume where the S-diamond is off-centered...

eatup, Jun 4, 2017
Ask a Question