History

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by Aunty Jack, May 6, 2021.

1. Aunty Jack

Aunty Jack

Adelaide, in my dreams as my wife tells me.
    I am back after quite a long time, years in fact.

History. I still have my XP Home Edition CD, packaging, booklet/manual, and the extra things Microsoft included with XP way back then. All of this is in mint condition. I wonder what a collector would offer. Sorry, not for sale.

On the subject of history I tend to think that Windows 7 was the last true iteration of XP. (or what XP grew to become). Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 ruined the Windows experience for me and possibly many others. My wife's PC runs Windows 7 Home Premium 64 and quite honestly I prefer it than at times my PC running Windows 10 Home. Still, Windows 10 can be modified in ways to make it behave. Still I would have preferred Windows/Microsoft to stay with the simplicity of XP and it's proven record over 20 years.

Hardware. My PC suffered hardware failures and went out with the rubbish. I did keep the video card, RAM chips and such.

So, a new PC. Oh yeah, a new PC on a pension budget. !. So, I found ..................................................................................

An 8 core, 4.0 GHZ, 8GB RAM, 1 Terabyte hard disk machine. In with a spare video card with HDMI connection, in with the spare RAM chips making 16GB RAM and the machine returns a 9 on the old Windows Experience app as in Windows 7.

All for $199.00 Australian.

Microsoft Flight Simulator FSX Steam Edition runs smooth as silk with everything pushed to maximum. FS 2004 the same. FlightGear the same. Not bad for $199.00.

Anyway, I am rambling on. At my age why not.

And, it is good to be back.

Cheers,

Aunty Jack.

Aunty Jack, May 6, 2021
    r3tr0g4mr_qbc likes this.
  2. Aunty Jack

Elizabeth23

Welcome Back, :)

Elizabeth23, May 6, 2021
Ask a Question