help with autorun,inf on usb drive

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by vandyo, May 17, 2012.

1. vandyo

vandyo

I have a family history app i'm running on my usb stick soas to have portability & update capabilities while visiting relatives. To have it work on diff PCs I also use a mgr to allow me to have the drive letter the same, even on other PCs. My problem is trying to install this mgr, which has to be residing & run from the hard drive, from the usb autorun.inf file. I know I could do this manually, but I also send this stick to family members far away, & most of them are quite old & have difficulty doing email, so I need to keep it as simple as it can be done. I have tried diff commands, using a bat file inside the autorun, but no joy. Any help anyone offers would be appreciated.

vandyo, May 17, 2012
  2. vandyo

cornemuse

cornemuse, Jul 24, 2017
  3. vandyo

Elizabeth23

a flash drive should never be just plugged in an run without a scan being run first. flash drives can spread a virus from the moment it is plugged unless autorun is disabled on all drives.

and the letter assigned to the drive in any computer is irrevelant, the data is the same and you can give it any letter when you get your flash drive back

Elizabeth23, Jul 24, 2017
Ask a Question