Help with a dll file...

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by PAL in Thailand, Mar 6, 2022.

1. PAL in Thailand

PAL in Thailand

My HP-Mini advises that "The Logon User Interface DLL 'msgina.dll' failed to load. And that the 'api-ms-win-core-heap-l2-1.0.dll' was not found.", being the reason that is apparently the cause of the problem.

This, I presume, requires some dll files to be re-installed. But what I don't understand is that since I now have no access to the HP-Mini at all, how can I install the required dlls to the HP-Mini?. Each time I try to log in, I just get the above messages.

How will I be able to obtain the required dlls and install them into the Hp_Mini's C:\Windows\System32\ directory? Hoping to receive some guidance in resolving this predicament. Right now, I am fortunate to have a second laptop through which I am reaching out to the forum participants for assistance.

PAL in Thailand, Mar 6, 2022
  2. PAL in Thailand

ClippyBeer

ClippyBeer, Mar 6, 2022
  3. PAL in Thailand

PAL in Thailand

Back again! Got caught up with family activities. The suggested URL provided some insight, but seemed to require the terminal window to get its work done -- all of which was a non-starter for me as "The Logon User Interface DLL 'msgina.dll' failed to load. And that the 'api-ms-win-core-heap-l2-1.0.dll' was not found." message stopped right there. I was prevented from moving beyond being advised that 'msgina.dll' failed to load and that the probable cause was the 'api-ms-win-core-heap-l2-1.0.dll was not found.'

Are there some other possible solution to resolve this. Restoring the unit to its factory state doesn't augur well for getting of this dilemma as that would probably wipe everything that has been modified since the machine left the factory!

I am thinking to replace the Toshiba HDD with a SSD and adding another GB of Ram to get the full benefit of the machine.

PAL in Thailand, Mar 16, 2022
  4. PAL in Thailand

William Tucker

Try installing/reinstalling the specified file. (search google for the file)

William Tucker, Mar 25, 2022
  5. PAL in Thailand

Elizabeth23

all the dlls for xp are on the installation cd or as clippybeer says on the restore partition.

you can try safe mode, restart and immediately start tapping F8, to get the advanced menu, and go to safe mode to either run the windows file protection by typing into RUN sfc /scannow which will check all the dlls (takes awhile) or uninstall the last program or app loaded which might be causing the problem

to make sfc /scannow happy, you would have to have a genuine installation CD with the same Service pack as your installed XP Service Pack

from HERE

this might not help as wfp is always running.

Elizabeth23, Mar 25, 2022
Ask a Question