Help to Connect iPhone 5 to Windows XP?

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by KenO, Aug 7, 2015.

1. KenO

KenO

Hi,

Am still using WinXP in standalone (No Internet or Network and check all apps before install) for file transfer and word processing on an older Dell P4 PC.

Have been able to connect my ZTE Zinger using the standard ZTE drivers to my WinXP PC.

Would also like to connect an iPhone 5 that I inherited but to date have been unsuccessful.

1st tried to install iTunes v 11.1.5 (v 12.2.1 listed only for Win7 and later) and while install was OK did not show mu iPhone 5 when connected and turned on.

2nd tried "How to install iPod and iPhone Driver without iTunes" with v11.1.5 also installed OK but did not work.

Am now thinking that the drivers may have been installed in wrong place.

Hope someone can direct me to what drivers etc are needed to connect the iPhone to my WinXP PC and where they should be in Win XP dir.

Thanks

Ken

KenO, Aug 7, 2015
  2. KenO

KenO

Forgot to mention that have Googled a number of times using different keywords such as "How manually install iPhone drivers" on "Windows XP"

While Apple support does have "Windows XP Click Start. Choose Control Panel. Open the "Add or Remove Programs" control panel and verify that Apple Mobile Device Support is visible in the list of currently installed programs." but does not mention where the drivers should be.

Ken

KenO, Aug 7, 2015
  3. KenO

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Aug 7, 2015
Ask a Question