Hello Everybody!

I've just registered to this forum, this is just to say "hi folks!" Glad to see that there are still XP users!

I'm running XP since 15 or so years and am still happy with it. No issues, no errors, no trouble. My everyday-computer on with i'm typing this (browser is MyPal) is an old laptop (XP SP3, 1GHz, 512MB, 80GB), im running standard software like OpenOffice, VLC, some (honestly lots of) astronomy-stuff, several (all offline!) mapping and encyclopaedia-apps, different emulators (DOS, C64, Sega, ZX) and whatever i find interesting (not too much these days). I don't care at all for malware (like Win10), and i shall not spend money on old-fashioned-the-next-week hardware-crap, so ... XP forever!

P.s.: Recently i found the freeware Media Preview by Babelsoft - a goodie! It generates thumbs for anything, especially fast and useful for mp4. (I tried to post the link here, but the board rejected it...)

Last edited:
I run Windows XP Pro SP3 32-bit(integrated to April 2019) in a Dell OptiPlex 980 minitower with these specs:
Intel Core i7-860 2.80 GHz quad core processor
16 GB DDR3-1333 RAM
500 GB SATA2 hard disk drive
NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 2 GB graphics card

I use these supported and up-to-date browsers:
Feodor MyPal 28.9.1
Maxthon Cloud Browser 5.3.8.2000

More and more of my desired third-party apps no longer support it, so that's the biggest negative I have with it.

I've been using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit since its initial release in July 2015, but I still have a fondness for Windows XP Pro SP3 32-bit because of its stability and simplicity.

Back