GPU Problem for XP Setup.

Discussion in 'Windows XP Installation and Setup' started by zenon, Jul 23, 2021.

1. zenon

zenon

Hey there,
    New to this forum! - delighted to be here.
    I want to start an XP project, for fun and old games, on my Lenovo Ideapad 3-15IIL05. I'll be running a dualboot with 7 and XP. But my GPU is causing problems to the XP Setup (Setup is starting windows is basically stuck. So we need something like vgashim or maybe uefiseven (I used this workaround to install Windows 7) for XP. Any workarounds you guys know? Or someone that could help?

Thank u everyone

zenon, Jul 23, 2021
  2. zenon

flavallee Guest

The Lenovo IdeaPad 3-15IIL05 appears to be a 10th generation laptop which comes with Windows 10 64-bit.

I'm surprised you were able to get Windows 7 64-bit installed.
    I'd be even more surprised if you were able to get all of the devices working.

If you're able to do the same with Windows XP 32-bit, I'd be shocked.
    Good luck.

flavallee, Jul 23, 2021
    Samir likes this.
  3. zenon

zenon

I agree. It took almost one week to figure out how Windows 7 was going to be installed. This pc does NOT run smoothly on Win 10. I’ll try to get it working on xp

Thanks

zenon, Jul 24, 2021
  4. zenon

red Guest

will need the 64 bit version of xp , then will have to set bios ,and then boot xp 1st, and get drivers set up ,same with 7 64 bit ,and the drivers,, 1st off would get hold of driver magic (its free ) back up all the drivers on the laptop before you screw everything up :) if all goes well then driver pac online will install the drivers you will need
    gl
    long live xp:)

red, Jul 25, 2021
  5. zenon

flavallee Guest

zenon:

It's not much of a problem getting Windows XP SP3 32-bit installed in 3rd and legacy generation PC's, but it's very difficult or impossible to do it in 4th or newer generation PC's because of the newer hardware.

There are hacked copies of Windows XP SP3 32-bit out there that contain needed drivers and add-ons, but installing it in newer hardware PC's is still an uphill battle.

Again, good luck.

flavallee, Jul 25, 2021
    Samir likes this.
  6. zenon

zenon

I’ve tried to boot setup. It just hangs on Setup is starting Windows.
    Any solutions you know? Thanks!
    Long Live XP.

zenon, Jul 25, 2021
  7. zenon

zenon

Agreed. Somehow it works fine on my I7 mobo. I personally think it’s a GPU problem.

Thank you!

zenon, Jul 25, 2021
Ask a Question