Google Chrome compatability?

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by Steve G, May 8, 2017.

1. Steve G

Steve G

Up until this morning, I've been using Google Chrome to access my email on my desktop computer, which has Windows XP. It worked fine earlier this morning, but now all I get is an "Aw, Snap!" page. I suspect this is related to Chrome's incompatibility with Windows XP, but is there anything short of purchasing a new computer that I can do to access my gmail? Thoughts?

Steve G, May 8, 2017
  2. Steve G

Elizabeth23

you can install firefox 52 ESR which is still compatible

Elizabeth23, May 8, 2017
    Jody Thornton and Steve G like this.
  3. Steve G

towgers

Chrome was silently updated a week or so ago and many are reporting this as well as a new pop up on the right top corner saying "out of date chrome" or something. It was an update on both XP and Vista. Not sure if Google is in Microsofts pocket on trying to force people to upgrade but it sure seems like it.

towgers, May 9, 2017
  4. Steve G

priscus

Mine still appears to work OK. Used yesterday. I do get the banner telling me it will no longer be updated as XP no longer supported, but otherwise seems to work as normal.

I do get the 'Aw snap' occasionally, but no more so than I have done in the past.

priscus, May 12, 2017
  5. Steve G

EthanStark

david.king said:
    Right click on the shortcut you use to open Chrome and select Properties. Then select the Compatibility tab.

+CAZNRES. If you have a problem with +tbarnes357, please resolve it off forum. Here's a refresher of the forum posting guidelines; all anyone wants to do is help people resolve issues and enjoy using Google Chrome.

Thanks!
    Ethan
    http://cloudappsportal.com/

EthanStark, Jun 19, 2017
Ask a Question