Goodbye Windows XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by Joe511, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Joe511

Joe511

Hi, I am now leaving WinXP because I need to use my PC for business software that winxp dosent support. Iam upgrading to 7. Just in case anyone else needs to upgrade or wants to dual boot, heres the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B52oNc4o5PdFM0FHNlpOSzlqME0/view

P.s. I will still continue to browse the forum helping people out :)

Joe511, Jun 3, 2016
  2. Joe511

Dibya

Not Good By Brother
    Please can you check your business app with Dependency Walker .
    I can make it run on XP

Dibya, Jun 3, 2016
  3. Joe511

eatup

Well, everyone has different needs. XP may no longer be suitable for some ppl.

As for me, I'll be an XP user until my XP-capable machines stop working. Don't see why I would need the latest Office when Office 2007/2010 does everything I want an Office Suite to do. Same goes for AutoCAD, Photoshop, etc. What is really the appeal to those *newer* versions that stopped supporting XP? Not much!

Btw, XP will never become obsolete for me. XP + Linux Virtual Machine is a lethal combination. I'll always be able to run a Linux VM under XP for anything else...

eatup, Jun 3, 2016
  4. Joe511

Touko White

I suggest that, if you miss XP, or need it for something such as old games, you install a virtual machine of XP in VirtualBox, it's easy to set up and it works very well.

Sad to see you leave XP, though, I know that you must have had fun times with it. It was the first OS I used, and the best one I can think of, that I have ever used. Keep it there for nostalgia or whenever you need to use it for something. ^^

Touko White, Jun 4, 2016
  5. Joe511

towgers

If you want to, you can enable the "performance mode" settings in 7 and apply the fan made XP skin over the classic skin on 7. Then it will look and kind of run like XP while still providing the features and content 7 provides.

towgers, Jun 7, 2016
Ask a Question