Gone over to the dark side.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Aunty Jack, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Aunty Jack

Aunty Jack

Adelaide, in my dreams as my wife tells me.
    Now everybody, let rip and put the boot, elbow, fist, whatever in. Kick my skinny a$$.

For what I use my PC for, mainly research, literature, music, physics, etc I find, yes, "choke, gasp in horror", that Linux (Linux Mint 17 "Mate") is much quicker, far more stable, and despite the lack of games (not really interested anyway) is, probably for a while, the OS I will use.

But, dear old XP sits on a spare hard disk in my desk drawer and probably will be put in and used again. (hard disk change on a Dell Optiplex GX270 takes about three minutes).

Horses for courses I suppose. I find even the "biggie" of Office Suites (Libre Office) is up and running in six seconds with Linux.

Pro and Con. XP or Linux.

Now that I have painted a huge target on my shirt, fire away. Gimmie hell. !

Cheers,

Aunty Jack.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
    Aunty Jack, Nov 3, 2014
  2. Aunty Jack

Elizabeth23

I really cannot say, I have only used xp and I like it, I was briefly having to use a win7 and did not like it, one day I may try linux. :)

Elizabeth23, Nov 3, 2014
  3. Aunty Jack

Lusby Clark

This my first time to post anything - reply, thread, etc - to this forum and I am confused by the structure of the website. Did I miss how to begin a new thread or maybe I am not yet allowed to open a new thread? If I can't open a new thread, how am I able to communicate with other members?

Lusby Clark, Nov 20, 2014
  4. Aunty Jack

Elizabeth23

@ lusby clark, if you go to the forum index of your choice you will see in the top left corner, a NEW THREAD button click on that to start your own thread, please provide as much info as is available.

Elizabeth23, Nov 20, 2014
Ask a Question