Getting blue screen

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by Mossab, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Mossab

Mossab

Dears,

Appreciate your support please to fix the blue screen issue that we are getting.
    We have some machines of windows XP, and it is running all the time, suddenly we are getting the blue screen.
    Can you please advise how we can resolve this issue, or how we can enhance this situation.
    Windows upgrade to higher version is not an option.
    I attached snap shots fyr.

your fast response is highly appreciated.

Thank you,
    Mossab

Attached Files:

• 2-a.jpeg
      2-a.jpeg
      File size:
      115.2 KB
      Views:
    • 1.jpeg
      1.jpeg
      File size:
      150.5 KB
      Views:
    Mossab, Nov 29, 2020
  2. Mossab

Mr Siamese Cat

Sunday morning - I have a bad hangover, so answer might not be the best, can hardly see screen
    Quick guess - Is that you have installed a “New” card that is using the same IRQ (Interrupt request) that another card is using. Can be solved in the Bios settings. Try a manual set of IRQ in bios.

Mr Siamese Cat, Nov 29, 2020
  3. Mossab

Elizabeth23

4. Mossab

Mr Siamese Cat

Well I am more able to answer your problem today.

Firstly. I typed in “IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL” to the internet thingy and everyone who has experienced this is saying it is caused by something accessing the memory when it shouldn’t or in a part of the memory it shouldn’t or sometimes in a part of memory that doesn’t exist.

Secondly. The illegal memory access is cause by software, drivers or system files being corrupted. So basically all this information to you us a bout as much use as a chocolate teapot.

Thirdly. Working out you specific problem and what is causing your problem. You state you have “We” and “Machines” in the pleural, so multiple computers with the same problem. So I doubt all computers have decided that they will all have a tantrum at the same time.

What is likely is that you have:

a. Installed software on all the computers that wasn’t specifically written for XP and is making memory requests out of range.

b. You have installed hardware that is doing the above IE when you installed the drivers

c. You have installed something on your Company Server that your machines are accessing that is causing the above.

Fourthly. How to fix (This Varies on what you have. I am not telepathic)

Disconnect all machines from server – see if you still have same problem.

Press F8 on start up – go into safe mode on server and / or all machines and uninstall the latest hardware /software / drivers you installed which is causing the problem.

Finally. All your machines and / or the Server are making illegal memory requests. You must know what you recently changed? – Change it back.

Mr Siamese Cat, Nov 30, 2020
    secpar and Elizabeth23 like this.
Ask a Question