Forever XP Working

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by esc, Sep 12, 2017.

1. esc

esc

One of the most important things, is that xp will continue to function for me.
    we need support in all areas, and whats worked for me,
    is a few things. at a local computer store, they gave me something called Driver pack Solutions.
    this software, installs, and then finds the problems with your system ( XP ) and it works on xp,
    and then shows items on Your System, that dont work !
    like cd rom stopped working and its very hard to find the exact drivers, Hewlett packard drive or whatever
    AND the drivers for the hardware for xp.
    this special software, finds the driver , or has it in a database already FOR XP
    and when you select to update that thing, that is broken, it will find the driver and install it, so keeping the drivers
    runnning and xp running.
    I also use firefox for the browser. Internet Explorer is not available anymore, and chrome browser really sucks, by google
    but does still run on XP (for now )
    lots of these things may get discontinued, so we need to
    make sure the internet still works on XP !
    and firefox still works !
    also, old version .com
    has old versions of softwares , searchable, and you can find versions Of your favorite software that runs on XP!
    keep XP alive and running PERFECTLY !

esc, Sep 12, 2017
  2. esc

cornemuse

I pretty much have saved all cd/cvd/etc relating to XP. I have literally 100+ cds/dvds of XP stuff, I just dont toss it. I have several dvds of most everything I want to customize any new XP install, for 32 bit & also for 64 bit installs. My XPP 32 is sp2, so I have sp3 upgrade included on the 32 dvds. & lots of drivers!! More than I need!I

Install XP, mobo disk, my custom dvd (everything is in "temp" folder on dvd) copy & paste temp to C:\

Just now made this, The 'temp' folder on dvd, its all there, (I periodally up date the disk, dont toss the old one!)

temp.jpg
    Just noticed, must add Firefox 52 to next update!
    note: I'm a lefty & want/have lefty cursers, too!

cornemuse, Sep 12, 2017
Ask a Question