[FIXED] Graphics display adapter not being found

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by nascarfan19, Jul 4, 2017.

1. nascarfan19

nascarfan19

Hello,

I recently had to do a full reset on my computer, but after getting through most everything, I found that the gaming program I use the XP for could not find any display adapters, and this was something that the system's settings was noting as well.

This photo is what I am seeing when I open the game, when it should look something like this on a computer I have it working on (bare in mind that is NOT the same adapter, it is a much newer system)

On my display properties setting, the adapter is completely blank and I do not know what I previously ran on it. It was a type of Intel Viiv as the front of my computer shows but I don't know what it actually was and if I need to install a driver to get this running again.

(EDIT: I checked for Display Adapters in my Device Manager and none were there...)

A few specs (can provide more if needed):
    Dell XPS 400
    BIOS Version: A04
    Intel Pentium D CPU 2.8GHz

Anyone know what this adapter might be or have any suggestions to get it running?

--- EDIT FIXED ---

Alright, I got it going. There was a RADEON driver on Dell's website which was not what I was expecting to download, but it made the game run exactly as I needed it to when I did. Help no longer needed!

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
    nascarfan19, Jul 4, 2017
    WindowsXPforever and Ian like this.
  2. nascarfan19

Elizabeth23

did you download and install all of the needed drivers for your pc? and did you know that there is a certain order to install drivers?

Elizabeth23, Jul 4, 2017
Ask a Question