Firefox won't connect but IE will, sparingly!

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by jurassicpark13, Nov 11, 2014.

1. jurassicpark13

jurassicpark13

Hi everyone,

So my FF stopped working and I keep getting "Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing FF process, or restart your system" error message.

Someone on another web forum said to click Processing in the Task Manager were I saw firefox.exe and thus deleted it. I am able to open Mozilla but it will not connect at all. Instead I just get a "connecting...." message that goes on forever....Also before I restart I get an END NOW window for NSAppShell ?

Internet Explorer is working sparingly (some sites "Cannot be found/Loaded) which is why I am able to post here via IE only. However it won't let me load popular sites such as Facebook and AOL.

I have Windows XP and my FF is the 33.02 version.

When the window for FF DOES open, it does "Connecting..." forever. Then PC Speed Boost popped up and I Uninstalled that. I also tried to Uninstall Mozilla and reinstall but the same thing is happening.

IE will NOT let me load any pages associated with Firefox help forums which makes me believe it is virus-related?
    Please help!

jurassicpark13, Nov 11, 2014
  2. jurassicpark13

Elizabeth23

go to control panel, click on network connections, right click on your network connection and click on repair, it at any step during this it cannot be completed then tell me what step it is on.

also do this to insure that pc is clean, if you need to then download from a working pc and then carry over to your pc on a flash drive:

Download, install, update and do full scan with these free malware detection programs:

Malwarebytes Free (MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/

SUPERAntiSpyware: (SAS): http://www.superantispyware.com/

Remove all found, reboot, and run again until scans run clean, these can be removed afterwards if you so choose. Run scans one at a time, please.

Elizabeth23, Nov 11, 2014
    trimis and jim davis like this.
  3. jurassicpark13

jim davis

jesus, the guy didn't even write back if it worked

jim davis, Apr 3, 2020
    Elizabeth23 likes this.
  4. jurassicpark13

cornemuse

1 post total, , , , ,

cornemuse, Apr 3, 2020
    Elizabeth23 likes this.
  5. jurassicpark13

trimis

Thanks for the SAS link. Didn't know one could still get the free version for XP from their homesite, and now officially leery to download much of anything from the usual sources.

trimis, Apr 9, 2020
  6. jurassicpark13

flavallee Guest

The Feodor2 MyPal 28.9.0 browser works fine in Windows XP SP3 32-bit.
    It's kept up-to-date and will load most websites.
    Its settings are similar to the very old versions of Mozilla Firefox, so it should be very easy to use.
    Select the win32 installer file to download and save and install.
    https://github.com/Feodor2/Mypal/releases

flavallee, Apr 10, 2020
  7. jurassicpark13

trimis

Is there any way to get HTML5 or H.264 to work on Mypal? Not sure, but thought I remembered it playing those kind of videos on my previous PC.

trimis, Apr 10, 2020
  8. jurassicpark13

ClippyBeer

ClippyBeer, Apr 10, 2020
Ask a Question