finally today my XP windows is Perfect now what?

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by billy gates, Nov 2, 2014.

1. billy gates

billy gates

after a day and half of removing spam. ,, updating all my PC drivers / removing and adding Google Chrome back in so it runs and opens when it is supposed to and I don't get a message about being unresponsive or is waiting .. for chrome .. to open the browser ..

My PC setup is with my favorite O/S ( windows XP ) ...

Now what can I do to make sure I can get the maximum life out of all of this ?.. I already went in and removed 6 weeks of restore/ backups and created just one ..

My virus / and spam is all up to date and my PC is running so good ... I wanted to somehow preserve my settings or backup it exactly how..??

billy gates, Nov 2, 2014
  2. billy gates

Aunty Jack

Adelaide, in my dreams as my wife tells me.
    Hello Billy Gates,

Create a manual restore point, now reading morecarefully I see you have done this.
    "alles in Ordnung ist".

You can improve performance a bit more with:-
    XP Smoker Free
    Bluesprig JetClean
    Wise Disk Cleaner
    Wise Registry Cleaner. (and defrag the registry).
    Auslogics Defrag.
    Hard Drive Powerwash.

All these are freeware and you probably have your own favourite cleanup tools anyway.

If you have a two hard drive setup there are utilities out there to copy an "image" to your second hard disk. I keep two spare hard disks pre-loaded with XP or any other OS and have them put away in a desk drawer.

Happy hunting. I am sure you will receive much better advice than I can give.

Aunty Jack.

Aunty Jack, Nov 3, 2014
  3. billy gates

Jojo

You could try turning off unnecessary services.

Speed up your machine as well as closing a lot of open ports.

This is for a stand alone machine, XP Home. Some services may be necessary for some users, but the set up as described as been stable for server al months on my machine

[​IMG]

Jojo, Nov 4, 2014
  4. billy gates

kraut3852

I was having all kinds of trouble with my system getting various err message and "can not find ---" messages. Used the Wise cleaners and could not believe all the crap I found from programs I have tried over the years!!! Cleaned it all up and system running great now and putting of restoring to OEM state!!! The above programs are all Vista compatible which is what the wife runs so I am going to use them to clean her system. She keeps getting the "blue screen" so hopefully these help. Thanks so very, very much!!!

kraut3852, Dec 11, 2014
Ask a Question