Fault Report on XP reinstall

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by BigAl62, Mar 30, 2015.

1. BigAl62

BigAl62

I am reinstalling Windows XP Professional on my old (and I mean OLD!) Dell Demension 8250 and I keep getting an error (?) message stating "Drive IOMEGA ZIP250-08-08/01 is reporting: Partition percentage use has exceeded 90%". I have no clue what this means and I tried a site search and found no other posts about this. Help please!

BigAl62, Mar 30, 2015
  2. BigAl62

Elizabeth23

are you installing from a cd drive??

have you ever installed before??

did you wipe the drive before install??

If you need instructions for a clean install let me know.

if you cd drive is bad you can make a install usb.

Elizabeth23, Mar 30, 2015
  3. BigAl62

BigAl62

I'm installing from the cd drive. Yes, I've installed before, but I'm NOT an expert. It's a new hard drive and I formatted it before installing. I've done clean installs before and this is the first time for this message. The cd drive seems to be fine, it installed everything with no other problems. I Googled this problem many different ways (reworded it to get different results) and no joy (no answers). I will look again just to be sure. Thank you.

BTW, my wife thinks I'm nuts for trying to keep my old computer going, but I'm stubborn and set in my ways!

BigAl62, Mar 30, 2015
  4. BigAl62

Elizabeth23

is the drive a sata drive?? if so then you need sata controllers as xp will not install on a sata drive without.

you can get xp sata drivers from the drive manufacturer and then you will have to slipstream these onto a install cd with nlite, otherwise you would have to put them on a floppy disk and install at the F6 point of an install.

Elizabeth23, Mar 30, 2015
  5. BigAl62

BigAl62

Sorry to take so long to get back, life happened (too much going on). The hard drive is an ATA/IDE drive.

BigAl62, Apr 17, 2015
  6. BigAl62

Elizabeth23

http://downloads.dell.com/Manuals/a...ser's guide_en-us.pdf#page=4&zoom=auto,76,669

above is manual for your pc, page 7 of 55 on how to reinstall os

--------

at what point are you getting this error??

---

are you using a recovery cd or a reinstallation cd, they are not the same thing. I have not found much on this error either, I would just try the install again following the instructions in your manual, which differ in saying to press F12

Normally, I go into the bios , set the cd to boot first and then press any key to boot from cd when it asks.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
    Elizabeth23, Apr 17, 2015
  7. BigAl62

BigAl62

I'm using reinstall cd's (my recovery programs are on 3.5" floppy disks!). I started getting the error right after I finished the reinstall. I'll try your suggestion for reinstall and see what happens. Thank you for the advice and for putting up with my lack of computer skills. :)

BigAl62, Apr 17, 2015
  8. BigAl62

Elizabeth23

are you deleting all partitions on the harddrive??

Elizabeth23, Apr 18, 2015
Ask a Question