Error : Cannot read/delete from source file or disk

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by prajithpillai, Apr 12, 2014.

1. prajithpillai

prajithpillai

I was trying to copy/delete a folder from my Windows 7 laptop to my Windows XP desktop through an 8GB pendrive. It shows the message "Error copying (or deleteing) frm source file or disk". When i opened the folder i found some peculiar (!) files. Those files were preventing frm copying or deleting the files. I came to knew this when I selected files other than the peculiar files and then copying them. It worked. I formatted my pendrive many times. Then also, those (!) files came from nowhere to the pendrive and they showed only in desktop. they were not seen in laptop before/after plugging in the pendrive tp the desktop. Check out the images when i tried to copy/delete them.

Please help !! Don't know what to do. I need to backup my files from laptop to desktop since I'm going to install Ubuntu on the laptop as soon as possible.

Attached Files:

prajithpillai, Apr 12, 2014
  2. prajithpillai

Elizabeth23

are you sure your laptop is clean??

run a scan with your antivirus and also do this

Download, install, update and do full scan with these free malware detection programs:

Malwarebytes Free (MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/

SUPERAntiSpyware: (SAS): http://www.superantispyware.com/

Remove all found, reboot, and run again until scans run clean, these can be removed afterwards if you so choose. Run scans one at a time, please.

=======================

when the pc is clean then copy files to formatted pen drive and also scan the pen drive.

flash drives pick up and spread infections quickly, which is why Microsoft had an update long ago to stop pendrives from automatically starting

Elizabeth23, Apr 12, 2014
Ask a Question