encrypted file problems

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by eeze, May 30, 2014.

1. eeze

eeze

hi, i am new to this forum but i am in need of help, if some one could please help me i would be very grateful , this is my problem,
    on my lap top i had win xp professional i upgraded my hard drive with a new WD disc i used WD cloning software and every thing was ok,
    i wiped the old disc and used it as external drive,
    about a month later the new drive failed and they changed it under warranty the only thing that i could do with it was to copy paste my files from it,
    i had to do a new install on the new drive now when i try to open files that i had encrypted before i can not gain access to them.
    i have a set of files that i must get access to they are images of a factory near by that is heavily polluting the environment,
    in 12 days time i am going to court to testify against the factory, i do have pictures that are printed but not all of them, could some one please help me to gain access to my files, i have searched with google and every thing that i have found does not work the files will not allow me to change permissions or any thing else , thank you for any advice.

eeze, May 30, 2014
  2. eeze

Elizabeth23

courtesy of LemP:

===========
    courtesy of Malkeleah:

==============

http://www.elcomsoft.com/aefsdr.html

above may help

Elizabeth23, May 30, 2014
  3. eeze

eeze

hi thanks for your advice, i have tried the elcomsoft program but no good, i have searched every where but it seems that it is not going to be solved. i did find a video on youtube by someone claiming that they can do it but i can not understand what it is they are doing, i will paste link to the video perhaps some one who knows a lot more than me was to look at it they will be able to tell if they are telling the truth or not, thank you very much for your help . eeze

ok forum says that i can not post links so this is the name of the video
    EFS Recovery By Hand
    if some one was to look at it they could see if it is real or not.

eeze, Jun 4, 2014
  4. eeze

Elizabeth23

you have wiped the old drive and the new drive, anyplace where the encryption key was held is now lost.

you can try going to a professional, but it will be costly.

Elizabeth23, Jun 4, 2014
Ask a Question