Email a TOTAL disaster

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by cornemuse, Jun 8, 2017.

1. cornemuse

cornemuse

Maybe you can help me.

Two weeks ago I attempted to 'activate' a win 10 computer. I bought a refurb'd Dell with 10 from Fry's Electronics (local store). This was my latest attempt at trying 10 to replace XP, online anyway.

They required an email address which I gave, a (gmail) junk mail address I have for when pages, etc. require them.

This was as far as I went in activation of 10.

Also, two weeks ago, the internet/mail provider changed their online email package.

Now, 90% of my mail is redirected/rerouted to this account. To a spam folder, yet.
    Tech phone help cannot resolve it, nor chat, nor their (Cox cable) forum, first phone assist was supposed to work, right.
    Second call almost 1 hour, not fixed. (yesterday)
    Talk/communicate with microsoft?? Right! Nothing there.

Anybody have any ideas?? How to tell who or how my mail is getting rerouted??

Actually it was almost 2 weeks before I found the gmail spam folder & found the lost mails.

The Dell was on sale for $49.00, Yes, it is/was a legitimate sale. I figured 50 bucks to try 10, I wouldnt be out much, , , , haha.

cornemuse, Jun 8, 2017
  2. cornemuse

Elizabeth23

Ask a Question