Drag and Drop images from browser

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by wingalls, Nov 5, 2018.

1. wingalls

wingalls

I want to pull images out of Firefox cache by program, like Windows does during a drag-and-drop operation. Does anyone know to interpret the "index"?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    wingalls, Nov 5, 2018
    cmccaff1 likes this.
  2. wingalls

cmccaff1

I personally haven't tried dragging-and-dropping, but in general your mileage will vary as far as your chances of doing that successfully. Are you using a newer Firefox version? The 52 ESR series should allow you to do that, I'd think. Could you be a little more specific as far as what you're trying to do with extracting images from the cache? Do you want to extract them into a certain program (like MS Office or something of a similar sort)?

cmccaff1, Nov 5, 2018
  3. wingalls

Elizabeth23

I click on any image I want and choose "save image as" . I usually save it to my desktop and then open it with office picture manager so I can resize or crop it as needed.

Not sure what you mean by extracting from cache.:)

Elizabeth23, Nov 5, 2018
    cmccaff1 likes this.
  4. wingalls

cornemuse

I do similar, 'save image as', remane, (with FF settings, everything is saved to "C:\D L's, my creation, view settings = 'list', and 'arrange icons by' "modified", then 'arrange icons by' "modified" again).Shortcut to D L's in toolbar. 'Start, D L's, folder opens with newest saved files right at the top of the list.

I hope this makes sense, , , , , it works.

-c-

cornemuse, Nov 5, 2018
    cmccaff1 and Elizabeth23 like this.
  5. wingalls

wingalls

My goal is to save an image and rename it. The "save as" option requires navigating the file tree to get to where I want to go, sometimes taking many steps.

I want to be able to drop an image (or URL) onto my own program and have it extract the cached file for saving.

I've looked at cache:config and the information I need is there, but when I look at the actual cache files, it's encoded somehow. I'm looking for info on how the cache is organized and how to extract what I need.

Thanks to everyone who has replied.

wingalls, Nov 6, 2018
    cmccaff1 likes this.
  6. wingalls

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Nov 6, 2018
    cmccaff1 likes this.
  7. wingalls

wingalls

Thanks Elizabeth23, but I made a goof. I should have said about:cache instead of cache:config. :oops:

wingalls, Nov 7, 2018
    cmccaff1 likes this.
  8. wingalls

Elizabeth23

CacheViewer type in Search for all addons and 3 will come up . Is this what you are looking for?

above from this thread, Smiley from may 18 2007 reply

Elizabeth23, Nov 7, 2018
    cmccaff1 likes this.
Ask a Question