Does anybody have the OSX FinderStyleforWindows.zip ?

Discussion in 'Windows XP Customization' started by thinkpadder, Dec 18, 2020.

1. thinkpadder

thinkpadder

thinkpadder, Dec 18, 2020
  2. thinkpadder

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Dec 18, 2020
  3. thinkpadder

thinkpadder

Thank you for the links. However they seem to be geared to make the desktop look like the macOS. However I'm not after the macOS looks, Basically I'm only after the functionality of having my most accessed folders display on the right of the Windows Explorer that's because I have many subfolders under the C:\Documents and Settings\myUN which I use very often and it would be very convenient if Windows Explorer would show them somewhere on the left pane when I open it i.e. like the left pane of the macOS' Finder Window.

The good thing about that particular file FinderStyleForWindows.zip is that it doesn't try to change the looks but basically only add that functionality to the Windows Explorer and equally importantly, it 's easy to uninstall i.e. it doesn't mess with the OS much.

Here in this link I've found the zip file as an attachment to a forum post but even after I signed up and logged in, it didn't let me download it. I guess it's no longer tied to the forum software's databank.

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/...ws-explorer/?do=findComment&comment=587803110

thinkpadder, Dec 19, 2020
  4. thinkpadder

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Dec 19, 2020
  5. thinkpadder

Elizabeth23

6. thinkpadder

thinkpadder

Thank you for the links. But I 'd still like to have that particular file for the reasons I've talked about. The second link says "You must install WinMac 4.9.1 BEFORE installing Service Pack 3!" You see, the install and/or uninstall steps are demanding or vague. I don't want to interfere with the clean operating system.

Btw I've post a new post to the Neowin forum in an attempt to make the Neowin admins to fix the broken download links:
    https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/...dows-zip-file/?tab=comments#comment-598611548

7. thinkpadder

Elizabeth23

yes, I saw that post during my searches, cannot seem to find that particular file.

Elizabeth23, Dec 19, 2020
  8. thinkpadder

thinkpadder

Thank you for the links. Those however don't cut it (if that's the right phrase to use in English : )
    because they too change the theme of the Windows so that it resembles macOS. But I would only like to
    add a freqently used folders list to the left pane and not mess with the current theme.
    [​IMG]

9. thinkpadder

thinkpadder

Yep. The problem is basically finding those files. The archive.org has been a letdown in this respect. They just didn't archive the files :)

Ask a Question