Do You Have a Fourm Which Is from windows 1.0 to 8.1? (Before 10 Comes out?)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Leokids, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Leokids

Leokids

I am Looking For this. Is there?

Leokids, Jul 30, 2019
  2. Leokids

Computer semi-expert

There are forums for some versions of Windows. However, there are not necessarily forums for every single version of Windows. Also, not all of them (probably none of them) are affiliated with XP Forums.

Windows 95/98: nojus.trexion.com (WindowsXPForever's site. This is still under construction and may not work.)
    Windows 7: sevenforums.com
    Windows 8: eightforums.com

If you want to try to find a forum for a specific version of Windows, try searching "windows <version> forum" on Google, where <version> is the Windows version you are looking for.

Computer semi-expert, Jul 30, 2019
  3. Leokids

Ian Administrator

Ian, Jul 30, 2019
  4. Leokids

Computer semi-expert

So you run all of them? I figured that this would be the only one.

Do you happen to have anything to do with the Puppy Linux forum? (www.murga-linux.com/puppy) I noticed that somebody named Ian is an administrator over there and wondered if it was you.

Computer semi-expert, Jul 30, 2019
  5. Leokids

Leokids

Leokids, Aug 2, 2019
  6. Leokids

Dyehard

Vista forum? (no ME forum?).
    I´ll bet all 3 members live in the same house.;)

Dyehard, Aug 16, 2019
  7. Leokids

Leokids

me? Yes! But Vista No..

Leokids, Aug 20, 2019
  8. Leokids

cornemuse

??????

(this whole thread)

Thread started 7-29-19, how long has '10' been around??
    (Before 10 Comes out?) ???

cornemuse, Aug 21, 2019
  9. Leokids

Computer semi-expert

Maybe he already had found a forum for Windows 10 and was looking for the rest of the Windows versions.

Computer semi-expert, Aug 21, 2019
  10. Leokids

ClippyBeer

Dang. I just tried registering on the 10 forums but I get "Unable to connect to ReCaptcha service".

Time to go on a rant.

I despise ReCaptcha. 90% of the time it just doesn't work. Selecting the correct images only to be told "please try again" over and over. It doesn't thwart spammers as they have already figured out how to bypass ReCaptcha. It only thwarts legitimate users who want to register without being tortured by the futility in trying to solve ReCaptcha. The best part is when you opt for an audio challenge - I get "Your computer or network may be sending automated queries. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now. For more details visit our help page".

No Google. It's not me, it's you. ReCaptcha just doesn't work.

End of rant.

P.S., if you really want to minimize spam, do what the admin of a different forum does without resorting to ReCaptcha. Delayed registrations. It has eliminated spam on his forum.

ClippyBeer, Sep 1, 2019
  11. Leokids

xphelper

Hiya ClippyBeer, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who despises ReCaptcha. Who wrote that cr*p ? Most of the time users don't even know if they should click or not click some boxes (e.g. the corners of traffic lights). It's so infuriating to have wasted so much time over this pointless ReCaptcha.

I once complained to Ebay who told me that it was NOT them it was my browser. So I changed the spoof line and the problem has since disappeared. If it is a site you have to log in every day, then it might be worth you experimenting with the browser spoof line, or try another browser. Let us know if it works.

PS I have just registered there, the good news is you only have to do the Cr*p cha ONCE at register (reasonable), after that you won't it to log on.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
    xphelper, Apr 19, 2021
  12. Leokids

Samir

I hate recaptcha. Which government am I helpding to spy on citizens via their stupid application? For my forums I just make a very topic applicable q/a and most spammers won't know the answer. Like 'the company that created windows xp is headquartered in what state' or 'in this year xp support officially ended'. Spammers don't have time for those questions and no 'reconnaissance captured' either. :D

Samir, May 3, 2021
Ask a Question