Display adjustments made text entry box "disappear"

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by BudVitoff, Jan 20, 2013.

1. BudVitoff

BudVitoff

WinXP SP3.
    Changes I made to Display controls caused the colors to change, so that a website text entry box, normally white with a contrasting color surrounding it, is now colored with the same color surrounding it, thereby losing the appearance of a bordered entry box. I don't seem to be able to put things back the way they were. Any help?

Attached pic with orange colors is what it should look like, but the other is what I'm getting now.

Attached Files:

BudVitoff, Jan 20, 2013
  2. BudVitoff

BudVitoff

Help no longer needed.

A system restore to early December conditions solved the problem. :)

BudVitoff, Jan 21, 2013
  3. BudVitoff

Elizabeth23

now you know that before any changes always make a restore point and that way you do not have to go so far back. :)

Elizabeth23, Jan 21, 2013
  4. BudVitoff

BudVitoff

System restores

Thanks for the gentle chiding, but there were many restores on file, and I backed through them one at a time until I found the one that solved the problem. This means that I would have had to go that far back even if I'd had a zillion restores on file. :D

BudVitoff, Jan 23, 2013
  5. BudVitoff

Elizabeth23

Well, it was good that you had a point to go back to. I like to set my system checkpoint every 8 hours, so I hopefully would not have to go back to far. Here's how if you would like to do that:

It's important to remember that the settings in this tweak are measured in seconds. Just to save you the math time, there are 86,400 seconds in one day, 3,600 seconds in one hour, and 31,536,000 seconds in one year 28800 is 8 hours 15768000 is 6 months.

Change Restore Point Creation Frequency

[Start] [Run] [Regedit]

Registry Key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore

Modify/Create the Value Data Type(s) and Value Name(s) as detailed below.

Data Type: REG_DWORD [Dword Value] // Value Name: RPGlobalInterval

Setting for Value Data: any of the times in seconds, make sure to change to decimal

Exit Registry through the File menu and Reboot

Elizabeth23, Jan 23, 2013
Ask a Question