Different text on title bar and taskbar menu

Discussion in 'Windows XP Customization' started by mahaju, Apr 30, 2013.

1. mahaju

mahaju

Hi
    Is there any way I can make the full folder address appear in the tile bar, but only the currently open folder name appear in the taskbar?
    For example, if I make the full path of the current folder to appear in the title bar, the full path also shows up in the taskbar version of that window. Hence if I have multiple windows open for multipel folders, such as
    c:\foo\folder1
    c:\foo\folder2
    c:\foo\folder3
    they all appear in the taskbar as c:\fo...
    If I uncheck the Dispay full path in title bar in folder options, the taskbar icons show folder1, folder2 and folder3, but not the full path disappears from the title bar

Is it possible to display the full path in the title bar, but only the curently open folder's name in the task bar?

Thank you

mahaju, Apr 30, 2013
  2. mahaju

Elizabeth23

if you have the box checked to show full path in the address bar, then you will show the folder name in the taskbar and title bar, with the full path in the address bar.

Why would you need it to show in the title bar when it shows in the address bar?

the setting for the title bar controls the taskbar setting.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
    Elizabeth23, Apr 30, 2013
Ask a Question