Different Desktops for XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by Aunty Jack, Sep 6, 2014.

1. Aunty Jack

Aunty Jack

Adelaide, in my dreams as my wife tells me.
    Hello from Aunty Jack,

This has probably been covered before. Sometimes a "fresh look" desktop for old faithful XP may cross our minds. I have tried both of the Bricopack desktop looks but installed the basic "cosmetic" changes only. If anyone wants to try a half Linux look or a Vista look, the URL's are:-

CrystalXP.net - Bricopacks
    www.crystalxp.net/bricopack/en.htm

This one gives the half Linux look and the usual Linux penguin.

Download Vista Inspirat BricoPack Ultimate 2.1.0
    vista-inspirat-bricopack-ultimate.soft32.com>

Umm, I think I made a boo boo with the second URL. Anyway, just Google Bricopack.

This one gives a Vista look for XP.

Both pack installs change a few/many dll files but no problem. Both packs can be uninstalled and back to XP the way you had it before mucking about with either "cosmetic" desktop change. Personally I would not install anything above the "cosmetic" change as there may be a risk of overwriting essential XP dll's.

Cheers from Aunty Jack.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
    Aunty Jack, Sep 6, 2014
  2. Aunty Jack

Jody Thornton

I modded a Royale Noir theme so that it had a small orb. It was a nice black theme, which I used with a Carona wallpaper (very pink/purple)

Jody Thornton, Sep 6, 2014
Ask a Question