Differences between localized XP install CD/ISO

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by joexp, Jun 28, 2015.

1. joexp

joexp

Hi all,
    I'm interested in understanding which are the differences between an XP installation CD "English localized" and an other XP CD built for an other specific language.
    For example:
    - windows_xp std/english CD
    - windows xp italian CD

I mean which files exactly differ?

If I have an English XP CD but I have to reinstall windows on a PC of a user which own a license (and its product key) for italian XP, is there a way to edit XP CD and change it to Italian language, so that both installation procedure and installed system speak in Italian?

Hope I made myself clear! :)
    Thanks in advance

joexp, Jun 28, 2015
  2. joexp

Rhino Cracker

Maybe you can just use your cd and his key? I don't know, didn't try it before.

But there is an easier way than editing your windows cd: XP 64 was only aviable in english, i simply donloaded the mui (multilingual user interface) from microsoft to change the language. It doesn't change the foldernames like in a real german windows, but nearly everything else.
    http://www.pctipsbox.com/windows-xp-sp3-rtm-multilingual-user-interface-mui-pack/

Rhino Cracker, Jun 28, 2015
Ask a Question