Desktop icon size

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by blockie, Oct 14, 2013.

1. blockie

blockie

The computer I am working on remotely needs the desktop icons enlarged, I'm a w7 person so I have very little knowledge of xp lingo. I also would like to make the desktop text darker..That's the text under each icon..
    Bill

blockie, Oct 14, 2013
  2. blockie

Elizabeth23

Right-click on an open area of your desktop. Make sure you are not over an icon when you click. Select "Properties" from the menu that pops up. This will open your "Display Appearance" window.

Select the "Appearance" tab in the window that opens up. And click "Advanced" when under the "Appearance" tab. This will open your Advanced Appearance settings window.

Select "Icon" from the drop-down menu labeled "Item." The image here shows an example of the correct selection. It will allow you to change the Windows icons size. It should also open a font settings area.

Set your desired size for your icons. The default size should be 32. For larger icons increase this number. Small changes in size can be seen by changing this number only 1 to 2 digits.

Click "OK" at the bottom of the window and close the Advanced Display settings window. Click "Apply" on the "Display Settings" window to see your changes applied without closing the "Display Settings" window. Repeat steps 2 to 4 if the desired size has not been reached.

Click "OK" at the bottom of the Display Settings Window when completed.

above from here

Read this to change text size.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
    Elizabeth23, Oct 15, 2013
Ask a Question