Dell OptiPlex 755 Mini-Tower / Driver Specific

Discussion in 'Windows XP Drivers' started by PJAmerica, Oct 24, 2015.

1. PJAmerica

PJAmerica

Hello,

PJAmerica here. I recently bought a refurbished Dell OptiPlex 755 Mini-Tower on eBay for $110. Before that I bought and owned a Dell Dimension 3000 which is a world of difference in performance and capabilities. The OptiPlex came with Windows 7 Home Premium and I love it but I also have the Vista Business Product Key on my PC as well and installed it with great ease. I didn't stick with it long though and wiped my drive. I wanna reinstall it again as my primary OS and dual boot Windows 7 as the secondary OS. My big concern is having all of the right drivers for it. DSS, Chipset, Video, Audio, etc.. This is important to me as I really wanna get Vista installed properly with the correct drivers starting out of the gate.

Dell is not very specific with me and I really find it a challenge to find the right drivers. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have heard so many bad things about Vista but I want to install and use it and make up my own mind first. If it works then I will use it until 2017 when support ends.

I heard that my computer is backward compatible with Windows XP Professional 64-bit as well. Unfortunately I don't have a product key for it. Is there a place where maybe I can find an OEM copy for free that will automatically activate like it did on my Old Dell Dimension 3000 did? Or am I out of luck?

PJAmerica, Oct 24, 2015
  2. PJAmerica

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Oct 24, 2015
  3. PJAmerica

PJAmerica

I know that already. I still cannot make heads or tales of what I need to download and install though.

PJAmerica, Oct 24, 2015
  4. PJAmerica

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Oct 25, 2015
  5. PJAmerica

PJAmerica

Resolved. Thanks for the replies.

PJAmerica, Oct 26, 2015
  6. PJAmerica

Elizabeth23

Okey dokey, :)

Elizabeth23, Oct 26, 2015