Dell OptiPlex 755 Mini-Tower / Driver Specific

Hello,

PJAmerica here. I recently bought a refurbished Dell OptiPlex 755 Mini-Tower on eBay for $110. Before that I bought and owned a Dell Dimension 3000 which is a world of difference in performance and capabilities. The OptiPlex came with Windows 7 Home Premium and I love it but I also have the Vista Business Product Key on my PC as well and installed it with great ease. I didn't stick with it long though and wiped my drive. I wanna reinstall it again as my primary OS and dual boot Windows 7 as the secondary OS. My big concern is having all of the right drivers for it. DSS, Chipset, Video, Audio, etc.. This is important to me as I really wanna get Vista installed properly with the correct drivers starting out of the gate.

Dell is not very specific with me and I really find it a challenge to find the right drivers. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have heard so many bad things about Vista but I want to install and use it and make up my own mind first. If it works then I will use it until 2017 when support ends.

I heard that my computer is backward compatible with Windows XP Professional 64-bit as well. Unfortunately I don't have a product key for it. Is there a place where maybe I can find an OEM copy for free that will automatically activate like it did on my Old Dell Dimension 3000 did? Or am I out of luck?

Back