Corrupt XP Discs

I have upgraded my wife's and my XP to 7. I have a 3rd computer running XP but it is corrupt. The 2 old XP discs are corrupt so I can't repair it. How do I obtain replacement discs.

I am also considering doing dual boots for XP and 7 in the 2 other computers so that I can run incompatible programs on XP (such as BackUp MyPC to recover backups)

Thanks Elizabeth. I contacted Microsoft and find that XP is not supported and that I must purchase new retail discs (my original ones are retail and so I can't go back to a PC manufacturer. I build my own systems in any case.)

Regarding the corruption, my disc gave this message when I tried to load it on a new computer years ago. I have been using my wife's since as I wipe and reinstall programs on hard drives or set up new computer equipment. It finally gave out. Perhaps it is scratched.

Thanks for the info on the dual boot procedures

I have decided that it will be much easier to run Ubuntu on my separate computer. It seems to support the programs that 7 wouldn't but XP would.

Are you sure the corruption you speak of is not caused by the optic-disk drive? I recently had somewhat of the same experience, and finally realized I had to replace my optic drive, and PRESTO!, no more problems....

Back