copied profile only works in admin group

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by jtribb76, Jul 28, 2011.

1. jtribb76

jtribb76

I'm working on XP equipped machines that are on a domain in windows NT server. i have a new win server 2008 that i am trying to move everything to the one server. i can make a copy of the old user profile on the old domain and copy it to the new domain. The problem i am having is that after i copy the user profile to the new domain it works fine when it is set up in the administrator group. when i change it to the restricted user the desktop goes to classic view and all the menus are different. also i cant change the desktop and my start menu is missing the quick access programs. i cant have them on administrator since student will be using them thanks in advance .

jtribb76, Jul 28, 2011
  2. jtribb76

jtribb76

figured out the problem i removed the user name and file from the new domain and started fresh. when doing it the first time i let windows copy the profile for me in computer properties. this time i went into c drive and copied all the files except for .nat there is usually 3 to 4 of them. then it would work this time though i had to change the background color manually but it works as a restricted user.

jtribb76, Aug 23, 2011
Ask a Question