Computer very slow and problem to connect on internet

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by thecat, Nov 17, 2017.

1. thecat

thecat

Good morning,

I have a problem now on my PC Windows XP. It's very slow and I've problem to connect on internet.
    I launch ZHP Diag to check if there is any mistakes and it founded 7 problems on my computer. Here is the link where you can find the problems :

http://www.cjoint.com/c/GKrg54jfEzM

Could you please help me to fix that?

Thanks in advance for your help...

thecat, Nov 17, 2017
  2. thecat

Elizabeth23

cannot get to your page, but you should do the following:

on a working pc and also any downloads, download to a flash drive , take to other pc

go HERE and follow the list for services needed or not, read each one carefully and any that are not listed then look up on google

windows automatic updates goes only till 2014, after that put the service in manual/stopped. It is not a good idea to disable it as this will cause issues if you ever want to run windows update for whatever reason.

Go HERE and there are several lists that you can type in a CLSID /file name/ name..etc. to look up the most common files to see if they are necessary

most antivirus are not supporting xp, so I would go with 360 TSE or TS by qihoo
    I like TSE , there are less tools as I do most of the rest myself. :)
    you should download the full installer with database (for bitdefender) the avira database can be downloaded separately from the same page, look for a little green box on the right side.

make sure to install anything offline and do not go online until you have an antivirus installed and running. and you have run a full scan, and since you have malwarebytes installed run a full scan with them also, until both have come clean.

If you are not using some programs, uninstall them, for avg you might need a removal tool , read HERE to see if you need to

===============

Then let's check out any issues. :)

Elizabeth23, Nov 17, 2017
Ask a Question