Computer Shows 2 Errors - HELP!

I got XP SP3. My computer staggers which I dont understand. I have no viruses. But the Event Viewer indicates I got 2 errors. Here are the errors:

1) Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error calling routine CoCreateInstance. hr = 0x80040206.

2) The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing. HRESULT was 80070422 from line 44 of f:\xpsp3\com\com1x\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp.

By the way, both VSS and COM+ Event System are services that I have disabled intentionally. So I dont understand why this is occurring. How do I resolve this issue?

If you're using your machine as stand alone you can also try turning off most of the networking services. VSC is used by some backups programs but they usually work without it. COM+ is for specific programs. If you check the file on your machine: C:\Program Files\ComPlus Applications
If that file is empty, then both COM+ services can be turned off.

4l6k2u.jpg

If you're using your machine as stand alone you can also try turning off most of the networking services. VSC is used by some backups programs but they usually work without it. COM+ is for specific programs. If you check the file on your machine: C:\Program Files\ComPlus Applications
If that file is empty, then both COM+ services can be turned off.

Hi, Jojo.. I dont have that folder anywhere on my system. I think I deleted it a long while ago because it was empty.

Back