certificate problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by olrob, Sep 7, 2013.

1. olrob

olrob

Running Chrome under XP Pro SP3.
    Recently I have been having a security error appear when trying to access Google.com. I can't get into my Gmail account or Drive. When the address starts with HTTPS:// it ends up with a line throught it and and I get an error of Security Certificate Problem. One of my attempts at detective work indicated a "facebook.com" error. I never has a facebook account. Something is analyzing my search address and killing my ability to link.
    Thanks

olrob, Sep 7, 2013
  2. olrob

olrob

I bought SuperAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes and ran them one at a time. They found numerous (over 300) problems and I fixed them. Now I can access Google with no problems.
    There were many "adware" type problems so I assume it was some of these that caused my "security certificate" problem.

olrob, Sep 8, 2013
  3. olrob

Elizabeth23

Besides having ONE only antivirus running in real time, it helps to scan for malware and spyware.

I have Microsoft security essentials running in real time, and use Malwarebytes and SAS as on demand scanners. for all three I do a daily quick scan and once a week do a full scan.

Elizabeth23, Sep 9, 2013
Ask a Question