Can't update Java or Adobe Reader

Discussion in 'Windows XP Networking' started by djsanderson, May 15, 2014.

1. djsanderson

djsanderson

I'm having issues with a Windows xp system that can't update Adobe reader or Java. I've looked for solutions and haven't found anything that addresses my issue exactly. When I try to install Adobe reader, I get a message that says "Failed to Initialize" and when I attempt to install Java, I get a message that says Failed to download. I'm thinking this has to be a firewall issue, but I've disabled Windows Firewall and all antivirus software on this system. I've also done a scan for malware using Malwarebytes. I've checked my router and there don't appear to be any firewalls set up in there either. I've also checked to make sure that the Windows installer service is able to run. What else have I missed?

djsanderson, May 15, 2014
  2. djsanderson

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, May 16, 2014
  3. djsanderson

LCD336

i have a problem with the online download with my java, what i do is use the offline installer. try using the offline installer

LCD336, Jul 25, 2014
  4. djsanderson

LCD336

LCD336, Jul 25, 2014
Ask a Question