Can't run program

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by olrob, Nov 25, 2013.

1. olrob

olrob

I try to run a program that ran many times before. There is more than one. Paint Shop Pro 9 (PSP9) and PSP10.I watch it's start with Process Explorer (PE) and Task Manager (TM). It loads in memory then sits there doing nothing with nothing on the screen. I can't find my installation CDs so I can reinstall them. I have an old PSP8 CD which I installed. I can run PSP8 fine. It also shows in PE and TM and looks like what PSP9 and PSP10 shows in PE but the screen shows PSP8 running.
    Is there some process that is hindering these programs from running or a process that is not running which these programs need to run?
    Have run BitDefender, CCCleaner and other bad AD killers. I have installed all XP updates.

Running XP Pro SP3 and have for years.
    Plenty of HDD space and running 3,027 MB Ram.
    Dell Dimension 4600i, X86 based PC.
    Please help but I won't be back from Thanksgiving trip until 11/30.
    (I will probably have over 200 emails waiting for me (76% are junk).
    Thanks, have a good holiday.

olrob, Nov 25, 2013
  2. olrob

Elizabeth23

http://www.pspug.org/forum/

above is the paint shop pro forum

What you might do is go to microsoft updates home page, click on review update history, see which updates were installed before your program stopped working, uninstall them and see if psp works now, if it does then reinstall each update singly and check psp again until you find the update that might have interfered with your program

download updates at the microsoft download center by typing in the KB number in the search box on the following page:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/default.aspx

================

normally, I would uninstall the program and reinstall, but since you have lost your cd, you might contact the manufacturer about getting a replacement.

Elizabeth23, Nov 26, 2013
Ask a Question