Can't Make Changes to Programs on D: Drive

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by Gofigger, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Gofigger

Gofigger

Windows XP operating system is on C: and Programs on D:.
    I recently did Fred Langa's No-reformat, Non-destructive Total Rebuild Option. Since that time I cannot update, change, delete or otherwise manipulate files or folders on my D: drive.
    Everything is set as Read-Only. I have attempted to take ownership of all the folders in Program Files folder, but still no access. I have unchecked "Read Only" on D: drive and Program Files, as well as several folders. Appears to work, but still can't access, and the Read Only boxes show up as "ticked" again. I have tried "attrib -r" from cmd line, to no avail.If I just type "attrib" from cmd line, it only shows the archive attribute. I have googled everything I can think of, but nothing solves the problem. I out of ideas, and I really need some of the programs on my D: drive. Any suggestions?

Gofigger, Mar 17, 2014
  2. Gofigger

Elizabeth23

above came from here so read it , and give me a link to the Fred langa page so I can see what you did.

from here

Elizabeth23, Mar 17, 2014
Ask a Question