cant install windows xp cause of some errors

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by AlexRawler32, Mar 23, 2013.

1. AlexRawler32

AlexRawler32

Hi if someone can help me I really would appreciate it. So thats what happend to my mini-laptop: My friend had it and he deleted by accident some partitions and then my Windows XP 2002 has stopped working [ I had ubuntu and he wanted to delete it from dual boot ].After that I couldnt open ubuntu nor Windows Xp because I had the error:Bootmgr is missing. Then I read some guides about how to install Windows Xp in a usb , I found a site and installed Windows XP Pro. with WinToFlash. Everything went fine until I realised that I couldnt install them. When I am opening my laptop it says: Please select the operation system to start:
    1st, text mode setup (boot from flash again after finished)
    2nd, GUI mode setupid, continue setup +1st start of Windows
    ---> DEBUG, in case of HAL.DLL or NTOSKRNL.EXE not found errors <---
    Debug boot rDisk 1 partition 2
    and etc.

When I press the first choice [1st, text mode setup (boot from flash again after finished)] there are 2 options that I can press, Leave the current file system intact <no changes> or Convert the partition to NTFS. I press the 1st choice [Leave the current file system intact <no changes>] and i get the error: Setupid had determined that drive D: is corrupted and cannot be repaired. Setup cannot continue. To quit Setup, press f3.

When i press the 2nd choice [GUI mode setup, continue setup +1st start of Windows] it says: Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: <Windows root>\system32.hal.dll. Please re-install a copy of the above file.

And when i press the 3rd choice [---> DEBUG, in case of HAL.DLL or NTOSKRNL.EXE not found errors <---]
    it says: I/0 Errore multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)BOOTSECT.DOS and then the computer freeze ...

What do I have to do to fix my netbook? I cant install an operating system with CD because there is not port to put one. PLEASE HELP

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
    AlexRawler32, Mar 23, 2013
  2. AlexRawler32

Elizabeth23

what is the Make, Model and Model number of pc, if you tried to boot from a flash, and your drive was not recognized it might be because you have sata drives and have to get into the bios to change to ide drive, as xp does not support sata installation unless you install at setup with a floppy disc using the F6 key.

Elizabeth23, Mar 24, 2013
  3. AlexRawler32

AlexRawler32

have to get into the bios to change to ide drive.... how to do that? i press f6 and there are some options:
    Safe Mode
    Safe mode with Command Prompt

Enable boot Logging
    Enable VGA Mode
    Last Known Good configuration (your most recent setting that worked)
    Directory Services Restore Mode (Windows Domain controllers only)
    Debugging Mode
    Disable automatic restart on system failure

Start Windows Normally
    Reboot
    Return to Os Choices Menu

What should i press? give me more specific guidelines.

AlexRawler32, Mar 24, 2013
  4. AlexRawler32

AlexRawler32

i press f12 when computer starts and it gets me to phoenix securecore setup utility. I cant do that change that you told me to do. Help?

5. AlexRawler32

AlexRawler32

my laptop informations

CPU TYPE: Intel (R) Atom (TM) CPU Z520
    IDE0 Model Name: HITACHI HTS543216L9SA00
    IDE0 Serial Number: 090813FB2201VCGJMNBA

System BIOS Version : V0.3209
    VGA BIOS Version : Poulsbo 0016

Product Name: A0751h
    Manufacturer Name: Acer

6. AlexRawler32

Elizabeth23

http://www.ehow.com/how_6524653_change-boot-order-acer.html

Reboot or switch on your Acer computer.

Press the "F2" key on the keyboard when you see the Acer logo on the screen; the BIOS setup menu will appear in two to five seconds.

F6 will save changes
    F10 will exit bios

3. look for drive type in bios

Elizabeth23, Mar 25, 2013
Ask a Question